Online, self-paced learning opportunities can be a powerful professional development tool for childcare providers, especially those who operate in-home programs with few or no employees.
Montana Child Care Business Connect has created a learning platform, the Tiny Training Series, that meets the needs of providers. Our training courses offer the following benefits:
- Short, no more than 30 minutes in length.
- Scheduled in the early afternoon when children are napping.
- Attendance at four live webinars equals 2 hours of ECP credit toward annual licensure requirements.
- They are recorded for viewing at your leisure.
- Business-specific content
Surveys of providers in Montana indicate the following areas are of most interest, meaning our business content is customized to the most common areas of need.
- Business and financial planning
- Business and operations management
- Hiring, managing, and retaining employees
- Risk management and insurance
- Marketing and promoting your childcare business
- Setting tuition rates based on costs
- Increasing profit in your childcare business
- Writing budgets
- Sustaining without grants
Our goal is to help answer frequently asked questions in the childcare industry by teaching core business concepts to make your childcare business more viable and sustainable. We understand your time is limited so we focus on providing practical, easily accessible learning opportunities on your schedule.
– Jason Nitschke, Senior Child Care Business Advisor